Worth-it is dedicated to preventing mental health problems through developing positive mental health and wellbeing in children and young people.
We know this is a big aim and what started out as direct work with children and young people has now grown into us specialising in a range of services, that enable us to support sustainable approaches to the promotion of positive mental health and wellbeing through applied practice.
Worth-it was founded with the aim to apply evidence-based approaches of positive psychology and coaching psychology to create real change and prevent mental health problems for children and young people. This developed into our innovative approach to prevention, through improving wellbeing and developing positive mental health.
Worth-it Projects (Social Enterprise) Ltd was established in 2011 to develop and deliver prevention programmes directly with young people. Through collaboration with young people and listening to their challenges, we were able to create and deliver engaging interventions that met their needs and resulted in many positive outcomes that contribute to the prevention of mental health problems.
Worth-it has successfully worked with over 1,000 children and young people through its early prevention programmes and intervention packages of support.
The development of Worth-it’s unique approach, led to us providing training and development opportunities for schools and the children and young people’s workforce. We created a range of training and coaching options for practitioners to develop skills to support children and young people in our approach to early prevention.
To maximise our social impact, we re-focused our primary offer on supporting commissioners, schools, organisations and practitioners to apply sustainable approaches to improving mental health and wellbeing in children and young people. In January 2018 Worth-it Positive Education CIC was formed.
Our focus is on;
- Providing prevention programme development for commissioners and children’s organistaions; including workforce development training, tailored prevention programmes, and toolkits and resources to develop positive mental health, wellbeing and resilience in children and young people.
- Delivering training and workshops in our established approach to developing mental wellbeing and resilience in children, young people and schools.
- Working with schools to develop whole school approaches to wellbeing and positive mental health.
Our track record
We are proud to have indirectly improved the wellbeing, mental health and resilience of thousands of children and young people in the UK. We have achieved this through;
- Training over 2,000 practitioners to support children and young people to develop resilience, emotional health and mental wellbeing.
- Working with over 150 schools, providing leadership consultancy, staff training and coaching, and targeted interventions for children and young people.
- Developing and delivering a ground-breaking to mental health using our underpinning evidence base of positive education.
- Partnering with several local authority and health commissioners to develop bespoke early intervention train-the-trainer programmes, with resource toolkits.
The resulting impact of our workforce development and whole school programme has meant our approach to early intervention has positively impacted over 40,000 children and young people in the last 3 years.