Positive Mental Health Toolkit Training
This one day toolkit training is packed full of packed with strategies, resources and techniques to build mental health and resilience in children and young people.
Children and young people are facing unprecedented amounts of challenge and stress. Practitioners and teachers report dealing with increased levels of anxiety, panic attacks, depression and self-harm. We know this is very worrying for profeshionals supporting and working with children and young people. This combined with a lack of access to support, can leave practitioners feeling powerless to help the children and young people they work with. This toolkit training provides an empowering solution to that problem.
We have combined our experience of working directly with children and young people, with our unique approach to positive education to provide a one day training toolkit. Equipping you will a range of approaches proven to improve mental health in children and young people.
When applying the tools gained from this training as part of your practice you are supporting chilren and young people’s ability to effectively manage the challenges they face, supporting them to improve their wellbeing and reduce mental health problems.
How long is the training?
Who’s it for?
- Teachers, practitioners and volunteers who work with children and young people.
- Primary, Secondary and Youth Versions available.
- In house training in schools, MAT’s or organisations.
During the Course
- Explore the internal and external factors that contribute to the development of mental health problems and how to prevent these problems developing.
- Introduction to the positive psychology evidence base underpinning the tools that have been created to support children and young people improve wellbeing.
- Learn and practice techniques that can be used to help children or young people develop internal resources of resilience, self-awareness, communication skills necessary for positive mental health.
- Gain several tools, resources and worksheets that you can use directly in your work with children and young people to develop positive mental health.
Benefits of the Training
by the end of the training you will
- be able to support children and young people improve mental health.
- be able to influence a reduction in negative coping strategies being used by children and young people.
- be able to apply proven wellbeing strategies and tools in your work.
- be able to address the poor mental health negatively affecting children and young people’s achievement, attainment and success.
- feel confident to use the tools, techniques and strategies to help the children and young people you work with.