Mental Health and Wellbeing Awareness Training
This training builds professionals, teachers and schools awareness of children and young people’s mental health and introduces strategies that develop wellbeing.
There is increasing pressure on schools and organisations to support children and young people with their mental health. Many professionals feel ill equipped to provide mental health and wellbeing support. This introduction to mental health and wellbeing training builds awareness, confidence and capacity to understand and support the mental health needs of children and young people.
You will explore factors that impact on children and young people’s mental health. Gaining an understanding of when and how to intervene earlier to prevent mental health problems developing.
This interactive and practical workshop enables you to work with children and young people to develop their wellbeing through applying evidence-based strategies. You will explore a proven positive education framework to support the development wellbeing and positive mental health.
How long is the training?
Half a day
Who it’s for?
- Inhouse training for schools or organisations
- Primary, secondary or youth versions available
- Perfect for an INSET day
During the Course
- Gain insight into prevalence of children and young people’s mental health problems and how they impact on outcomes and success.
- Understand when and how to notice a child or young person may need support for their mental health earlier.
- Explore the barriers to support and identify solutions to overcome these barriers in your school or organisation.
- Define and understand aspects of wellbeing and how to develop these in children and young people.
- Be introduced to the positive psychology approach to improving wellbeing, gaining strategies and techniques to use with children and young people.
Benefits of the training
By the end of the training you will
- gain a greater understanding your role in improving children and young people’s mental health wellbeing.
- have increased confidence and skills to effectively support children and young people improve wellbeing and positive mental health.
- be able to identify good practice and reflect on how you are already effectivity developing wellbeing.
- leave with an action plan for your school or organisation to continue to develop wellbeing and positive mental health.