Worth-it Projects was established in 2011 as a social enterprise, we were initially funded by local grants and Children in Need to develop and deliver early intervention programmes to work directly with young people. Collaborating with young people and listening to challenges they faced enabled us to create and deliver engaging interventions that meet their needs, resulting in many positive outcomes that contribute to the prevention of mental health problems.
We successfully worked with over 1000 children and young people through our early intervention programmes and packages of support.
Developing this unique approach led to providing training and development opportunities to the children and young people’s workforce and schools. Creating a range of training and coaching options for practitioners to develop skills to support children and young people in our unique approach to early intervention and prevention.
In January 2018 Worth-it restructured forming Worth-it Positive Education CIC. Our focus is on;
- Providing early intervention programme development for commissioners, including train the trainer programmes, intervention toolkits and resources to develop positive mental health, wellbeing and resilience.
- Delivering training in our established approach to developing mental wellbeing and resilience of children, young people and schools.
- Working with schools to develop whole school approach’s to wellbeing and positive mental health.
We are proud to have indirectly improved the wellbeing, mental health and resilience of thousands of children and young people in the UK. We have achieved this through;
- Training over 2000 practitioners to support children and young people to develop resilience, emotional health and mental wellbeing.
- Working with over 150 schools, providing targeted interventions for children and young people, staff training and coaching within schools.
- Working within the whole school system. We have developed and delivered a ground breaking whole school approach to mental health using our underpinning evidence base of positive education. We have delivered this programme with 25 primary and secondary schools, positively impacting on all staff and pupil’s mental health and wellbeing.
- Working with several national local authority and health commissioners to develop bespoke early intervention train the trainer programmes with resource toolkits.
The resulting impact of our workforce development and whole school programme has meant our approach to early intervention has positively impacted over 40,000 children and young people in the last 3 years.
Are you a commissioner looking to improve mental wellbeing and resilience to prevent mental health problems? Is it your aim to focus on early intervention for children’s mental wellbeing? Are you looking for providers to develop a positive mental health intervention? We can help.
At Worth-it, we offer a variety of mental health and wellbeing packages and programmes.
Our training offers an evidence-based approach to developing resilience and positive mental health.
We use a social model of mental health promotion and mental illness prevention to deliver all our services to help you support children and young people in a proactive, accessible, non-clinical way to improve mental wellbeing.
Our services are regularly commissioned by our partner organisations including Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG’s), local authority commissioners including public health, education, youth work sectors and directly by schools both primary and secondary.
We have worked with several national commisioners . Here are a few of the commisioners and funders we have worked with over the years.
We have been awarded several grants to develop and deliver our early intervention programmes that prevent mental health problems in children, young people and schools.